MX-TECH National Shock with Constant Linear Progression (CLP)
The MXT National CLP Shock for the KTM off-road bikes was designed and built from the ground up to be the best solution for KTM’s linkage-less rear suspension. This shock is equipped with the best technology, uses the best coatings and has the most adjustability of any shock currently available. Handmade in the USA.
Rationale for the shock: KTM/WP slipped a 46mm 85cc “kids” shock on an adult bike! The deficiencies and poor performance of the stock WP shock are well known.
MXT adapted the professional grade National platform that offers key benefits:
- Light weight (25.5 lbs vs. heavy WP shock)
- Low friction parts (with genuine Kashima and DLC coatings)
- SKF seals
- 5 way adjustability
- Membrane free piston with Tank reservoir
- Huck Valve speed sensitive bottoming control
- High quality materials
In addition to the standard National, special features are incorporated into the proven CLP needle system that creates a linkage like rising rate in the shock. The CLP allows for a much more balanced and predictable performance characteristics.
What is CLP?
CLP stands for Constant Linear Progression. The CLP uses internal hydraulics to mirror a standard linkage shock. Three pistons make up part of the CLP system.
- The first piston works all the time and it is 100% speed sensitive.
- The second piston works with a metering needle. This adds pressure to the valving mechanism through the stroke (similar to the acceleration of a linkage system). Adjustments to this control simply adds or reduces pressure, which creates the predictable and stable feeling of the MXT National CLP shock.
- The third piston is the Huck Valve which is an independent speed sensitive bottoming control mechanism that manages large bottoming loads. This keeps the bike straight in large rolling whoops/impacts by preventing hard uncontrolled bottoming of the shock. When a shock bottoms hard the energy is deflected causing serious concern for the rider.
Read for more detailed information…
Light weight: The key to a professional grade product is the reduce weight, and this National not only is larger in size, but weighs less than the WP shock. This happens by choosing the best alloys on the market. The net result contributes to less fatigue for the rider.
Low friction: This is achieved by not cutting corners. Many suspension manufacturers reduce costs by speeding up machining process and altogether skipping critical finishing steps. Once a part is complete various coatings are added to protect where best suited. Parts are shipped to Japan for Genuine Kashima coating, other parts (like the shock shaft) are DLC coated for low friction and longevity. Finally, the remaining parts are anodized for a combination of aesthetics and protection of the parts.
SKF Seals: MXT was the first to recognize and proudly distribute SKF motorcycle seals in the US direct from Italy. We are pleased to be able to collaborate with SKF to make a custom seals. SKF is the standard in reliability.
5 way adjustability: Adjustability means riders can setup their suspension to better match the terrain. The shock ships with a tuning guide – and a we are only a phone call away.
- High Speed Compression
- Mid Speed Compression
- Low Speed Bypass
- Low Speed Rebound
- Mid Speed Rebound
Membrane Tank: OEM shock reservoirs use a nitrogen bladder that leaks gas into the oil over time. This results in many issues, like the shock performance changing over time – making it difficult to even stay consistent thru the duration of a race. Another issue is that the service interval times are shorter.
The MXT membrane free piston offers the comfort and zero friction characteristics of a bladder, but keeps nitrogen separate from shock oil. This prevents premature wear from oxidation and cavitation.
Huck Valve: This component gives the rider speed sensitive bottoming control of the shock. The shock resists full travel and prevents the “hard stop” found when a shock bottoms out. This helps the rider to avoid deflecting energy to the side and swapping out. This feature is especially helpful in deep rolling whoops. Plus, the additional compression damping also adds significant rebound damping force – giving the rider more time to react to a full impact before a shock recoils. The Huck Valve is designed to be speed sensitive, meaning the active movement transitions smoothly even with sudden mid-stroke acceleration. Finally, this feature is tuner friendly and adjustable for rider preference via shims.
High quality materials: Here are some of the parts used.
- DLC coated 18mm induction hardened shock shaft
- Kashima coated body offers unparalleled low friction properties and durability
- Low friction piston band and low inertia piston design for excellent pressure balance and instant response to pressure
- Custom valved for each customer
- Includes spring for rider weight
- Free shipping in the USA
- One free service includes all labor for original purchaser (wearable items and oil are not included)
This product hasn't received any reviews yet. Be the first to review this product!
All prices are in USD.